What Is Black Mold?
Black mold is the mold you don't want, it can be toxic and it can also spread like fire ants. SERVPRO handles all mold and has equipment to test the levels of that mold. If you or someone you know has mold it's best to get it looked at sooner than later. Black mold can be introduced in many ways which is why it can be difficult to know that you have it or if you've had it the whole time and at times it can hide where we cant see it.
If you believe you have "black mold" or mold growth in general, let the professionals at SERVPRO of South Fleming Island/ North Bradford County do a free assessment on your home or property. Call us at 904-290-4040 to schedule your free assessment and discuss remediation services!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of South Fleming Island / North Bradford County immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (904) 290-4040
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Fleming Island / North Bradford County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Fleming Island
- Green Cove Springs
- Penney Farms